Entertaining and looking for something a little different for your guests? Why not try our Whoopie pies!
- Makes : 12
- Prep time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: None
For the chocolate sauce
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 50g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp double cream
For the filling
- 250ml double cream
- 150g Marshmallow Fluff
- Finely grated zest of half an orange
- 600g strawberries
- Start by making the chocolate sauce. Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. When melted, remove from the heat and add the butter and stir until the butter has melted. Then stir in the golden syrup and cream. Allow to cool but not set. If the sauce does set, simply warm again over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Next, make the filling. Whip the cream until thick and aerated. Add the marshmallow fluff and orange zest and whip together. Reserve 12 strawberries and set aside. Hull and slice the remaining strawberries.
- Cut the doughnuts in half horizontally and sandwich together each of the doughnuts with some of the creamy marshmallow mixture and strawberry slices. Place on serving plates and spoon over the chocolate sauce. Serve each doughnut whoopie pie with a whole strawberry sitting in the doughnut hole.
Krispy Kreme Cooks Note
These whoopie pies are equally delicious when made using raspberries in place of strawberries.